Our new Smart Meter project aims to raise awareness of Smart Meters by reaching older people aged 65+ in Salford.
Key Project Objectives
- Develop strategic partnerships to sustain behaviour change & reduce energy consumption
- Promote Smart meter roll-out & raise awareness
- Provide information & address concerns
- Promote new Smart meter technology in the home
- Support VCSE network & signposting for older people
- Build capacity using Peers Advocates & Smart Energy Champions
- Contribute to regional and national positive campaigns and stories
The Smart Meter Energy project is based on the high prevalence: of older people living in Salford; high levels of poverty & fuel poverty and poor energy efficiency of housing stock in the North West. Key statistics include:
- There are currently more than 35,000 people aged over 65 in Salford
- Salford was ranked 18th most deprived local authority out of 353 in England (2010)
- 25% of low income households in Salford are living in fuel poverty
- 70.4% of known properties are at the lowest standards of energy efficiency
- Energy providers have a target to roll-out Smart Meters to 56 million customers by 2020.
If you would like to get involved as a partner to help promote the project and reach older people aged 65+ in the community, then please contact us on
tel: 0161 787 8500 or email us at:
email@example.com (Operations Manager)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Fuel Poverty & Energy Advisor)
What people are saying
"I enjoyed my experience on NCS because I was challenged by myself and others around me. I had a lot of inspiration to carry on and do better. I mixed with people from different backgrounds."
"Without Salford Foundation's support I'd be homeless. You've changed my life and I would never be able to continue my studies without your help."
"Coming here has changed my life around for the better. It has helped me stop offending by looking at why I did it in the first place and helping get things sorted out."
"I am now much more confident in my schoolwork and I listen more and my organisational skills are getting better each day."
"You would not believe the difference coming to Salford Foundation has made. I was sitting in my house, not speaking to anyone for days. My life has changed for the better. I have a life again."
"I can now start living my life again and not be afraid to open my front door. Thank you so much."
"Thank you so much for going above and beyond for my child. Your help and support has helped make such a difference in her life in such a small amount of time. I am truly grateful."
If you would like to find more about our Smart Energy Project, please get in touch.
Smart Energy Championsam.email@example.com
If you want to get involved and make a difference, get in touch with us to discuss how you can help.