The LEAP project provides peer-to-peer support to improve the wellbeing of students during the transition from primary school to high school.
The LEAP project aims to train and up-skill year 8 students to deliver their own peer-to-peer support programme with year 6 students moving into year 7. Year 8 students will take part in a 60 hour programme where they will learn some of the necessary skills to plan, implement, monitor and evaluate their own projects that help support year 6 students with some of the challenges and fears of moving to high school, all leading to year 8 students receiving an ASDAN approved ‘bronze’ award.
Year 8 students will learn and grow in skills such as: communication, teamwork, research, session planning, presentation and evaluation. Students will also have input from a variety of different businesses and professionals sharing their knowledge and will help deliver workshops to help students up-skill.
How to apply
Applications are only open to those who have been invited to apply via an assembly at your school. If you want to know how your school could get involved with the project, please contact the transitions coordinator using the details below.
If you have been asked to apply during an assembly at your school, here are the steps to follow;
- Prepare your video/written application using the guidance given to you by your teachers. If you have misplaced this, you can download the guidance below.
- When you’re ready to submit your application, scroll down this page until you find ‘Upload your LEAP Application’.
- Click on the ‘Upload Here!’ button and you will be taken to a new page where you can upload your video/document.
- Make sure you include your name and form group so we can check who you are, then click ‘select files’. Now you can choose your application.
- Finally, hit submit and the LEAP team will receive your application!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FROM:
If you would like to find more about the LEAP project and our other transition work, please get in touch.
Raising Aspirations - Transitions Coordinatorchristiana.email@example.com
If you want to get involved and make a difference, get in touch with us to discuss how you can help.